M A R C H 9 T H , 2 0 1 3
R E M E M B E R T O J U S T R E L A X A N D P H O T O G R A P H
1. Have fun.
2. Be yourself during photo shoots.
3. Don't over-expose or data will be forever lost.
4. Always shoot in RAW.
5. Shoot at night, during the day, and in bad weather.
6. Don't shoot weddings unless you're truly good at it...and have a backup.
7. Use light as a tool.
8. Learn all there is to know about your current camera, and then learn more.
9. New equipment won't make you a better photographer.
10. Practice, practice, practice.
11. Nothing you photograph is ugly if you photograph it well enough.
12. Get sleep!
13. Don't let the business consume your passion.
14. Remind yourself everyday that you are an artist.
15. Use Photoshop as another tool, not a crutch.
16. A photograph is only as good as the photographer creating it.
17. Learn the techniques, then let them go.
18. Find your personal style.
19. Crop in-camera.
20. Use an off-camera flash whenever possible!
21. Take a relaxing breath, then press the shutter button.
22. Don't just create...educate.
23. Talk to other photographers.
24. Don't copy others work...be inspired by it!
25. Take on personal photography projects.
26. Keep and keep up on a blog.
27. You'll never know everything there is to know so always grow.
28. Red-eye effect is not an effect.
29. Not all photos are better in black and white.
30. Eyes mustn't be blurry, unless intentionally so.
31. Kids like smarties.
32. Don't stand closer than 10 feet from someone...you'll scare them away.
33. Don't schedule too many shoots in one day.
34. A photo that has been over-edited looks that way.
35. Catch-light in eyes brings a person to life.
36. Always value your work.
37. Skin is not perfectly smooth...ever.
Got one to add to the list? Feel free to post you tips in the comments below . . .
Live. Love. Create. | betsy